Guidelines for applicants
1. The Trustees meet twice a year to consider applications for grants; the deadlines for receipt of applications are 30 June and 31 December each year.
2. The Trustees will consider applications for grants from:
- organisations, schools and/or groups who provide structured activities in line with the charity’s objects; or
- individual young people who wish to participate in such group activity.
3. Organisations whose members are not generally considered disadvantaged may apply for grants on behalf of individual members from disadvantaged backgrounds.
4. The young people concerned should be aged 18 or under. Eighteen-year-olds in full-time education will also be considered.
5. Applicants should live in the geographical area covered by Lancaster City Council.
6. The Trustees’ preferred geographical area for activities is the North West of England.
7. The Trustees will also consider applications for the creation, expansion or maintenance of natural environments where there is a clear benefit to young people.
Please choose the appropriate form when applying:
For an organisation:
- Download an organisation grant application form (pdf)
- Download an organisation grant application form (Word document)
For a school:
- Download a school grant application form (pdf)
- Download a school grant application form (Word document)
For an individual:
- Download a personal grant application form (pdf)
- Download a personal grant application form (Word document)
For either assistance in completing an application form or to submit an application, please contact:
Gary Rycroft (Clerk to the Trustees of The Areti Charitable Trust)
Joseph A Jones & Co Solicitors
6 Fenton Street
Lancaster LA1 1TE
Phone 01524 63371